Wednesday, April 15, 2009

In the Beginning

This has been an interesting week for me. First of all as most of you know I am working for a security company as a summer sales rep. Last Friday I left Rexburg about noon. John, a friend of mine, and I drove straight to North Carolina arriving very early Sunday morning. I slept for a long time and had a very restful Easter, although it didn't feel like Easter. 

When I started working on Monday I realized this work is going to be harder on me than I thought but I am trying to have faith and I can do hard things. Satan wants to discourage me because then I won't be as effective. I realized today that I actually did use as much money coming out here as I thought I did and It wasn't a good feeling. It's expensive to travel cross country.  I should be getting my travel money soon though and I get paid for sure on the 20th so until then I just focus on what is important. This line of work is going to necessitate much faith on my part. 
So although it rained my first day on the job I just kept working through it. Apparently though the mostly black retired community doesn't appreciate me walking arounf their neighborhood late at night because they called the police on me. The officer seemed to think that I wasn't a real bother to the community because after a brief conversation he let me go my own way and continue that I was doing. The next day a member of the community watch warned me that I shouldn't knock any door after 7 or 8 because they would call the police again. Instead of calling anyone two good sized black guys called on me later that evening when they realized that it was 8:30 and I was still around. They called me over and spoke to me about leaving their neighbor hood. I stood my ground well and am going to talk to my managers about getting a new area. If I can't though I will be back there tonight because I have work to do. 
I have decided that since I am away from a more active social life that I would blog some on my experiences so others would know what was going on in my life. I don't have much extra time to talk besides talking with Heidi, Mom, and Dad. But I love you all. Take care!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you are going to be keeping up your blog. You can be sure that I am reading it. I look forward to hearing all your stories.

    Also you said that you would be calling me with a number for our security system. I was just wondering if you had gotten it yet.

    ReplyDelete